Monday, February 11, 2008

Meme: Movie Quotes

Well, if Mrs TC can do this, why can't I? Prizes (of the feeling-smug-and-self-satisfied variety) to the best guesses...

Meme rules:

1. Pick 15 of your favourite movies.
2. Go to IMDb and find a quote from each movie (not necessarily your favourite quote - they're often too easy!)
3. Post them here for everyone to guess.
4. Fill in the film title once it's guessed.
5. NO GOOGLING/using IMDb search functions.


1. "The ship is in ship-shape shape."

2. "Hey, what did I say? Did you hear what I said? I heard what I said 'cause I was standing there when I said it."

3. "There is no spoon."

4. "What about elevenses? Luncheon? Afternoon tea? Dinner? Supper? He knows about them, doesn't he?"

5. "I've never used the word "spinster" in my life. Okay, once, when I told my mother it was technically incorrect to call her son a spinster."

6. "Hey, we're flexible. Pearl Harbor didn't work out so we got you with tape decks."

7. "I create feelings in others that they themselves don't understand."

8. "By 'caliber,' of course, I refer to both the size of their gun barrels and the high quality of their characters... Two meanings... caliber... it's a homonym... Forget it."

9. "The only thing that France is adept at hosting is an invasion."

10. "You do not bang on the hood. You never under any circumstances drive. And you will certainly not put your coffee mug on the roof of the car. In fact, no coffee in the car whatsoever. Coffee goes on the ground, you get in the car, we go."

11. "You never get anyone in 'Wings of a Dove' saying 'Inform the Pentagon we need black star cover!'"

12. "I can't understand it. This car hasn't given me a lick of trouble in nearly 6 hours."

13. "Oh, [name], I've had a lot of birthdays - well, not a lot of birthdays - but this is the best birthday ever."

14. "I think we've all arrived at a very special place. Spiritually, ecumenically, grammatically."

15. "'Extremely dangerous. Keep out of reach of children.' Cool!"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hm. I know number 14 well. Can't place it though. West Wing? Doesn't sound like it. But I have been watching lots of that recently, so maybe that's where I recognise it from? It will drive me mad now. I will have to have lots of self restraint not to Google it. If I don't know by tomorrow then I shall be bad and look it up :)
Zoe